Friday, April 11, 2014

~Pear Blossoms~

You definitely  know Spring is here when the fruit trees start blooming.  Cut branches are a perfect alternative to flowers in the home this time of year.

I cut some off our pear tree to add to a French galvanized pitcher in our kitchen the other day.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

When we built our home the kitchen really wasn't large enough to have a built in island and I've had many different tables in the middle over the years.  I had wanted to put a galvanized industrial table on wheels that I have in this spot, but it didn't really fit the area as well and the wheels didn't lock so it couldn't be kept stationary.

I still liked the look of the picnic style table I had there and decided to take a couple benches from a round one we have outside to add more seating if needed.  I stripped the top down to it's original wood and painted the rest white along with the benches for a new clean look.

With blooms, ironstone and silverware it looks like an indoor picnic!

I'd like to thank Linda from Coastal Charm for featuring me today on her new series "Shop Talk".  Head on over to check it out if you have time. 

Linking with:
Funky Junk Interiors
Sundays at Home
Thrifty Nifty Tuesday
Knick of Time Tuesday
The Scoop
Wow Us Wednesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday


19 comments:

  1. These images are truly lovely, it is so incredible nice that spring is here. I can`t resist cutting of a few branches either. Or having a smell ! :)

    Enjoy a nice weekend and thank you for your stopping by my blog.

    ~ Aina ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est vraiment très joli, j'aime beaucoup la décoration de votre maison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look and convenience of an island, your picnic table is just the perfect size, and the benches make it even more fun! great post by Linda on Shop Talk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are truly delicate and beautiful blossoms.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, Kathleen! I'm headed over to Linda's now. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice !!! If you like flowers, i invite you to visit my "Friday-Flowerday" :-)) Many greetings from Austria, helga

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. I wish we had some fruit trees to cut some branches from.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our fruit trees are not mature enough to sacrifice a brach yet with out cutting int the tree making a bald spot, but in another year I may be able to display beautiful blossomed branches as you have done here.

    Kathleen I just love your home, and it's country feel.

    Beautiful days ahead of you.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I'm looking forward to seeing blooms on our trees. Probably in May.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this post! You kitchen is amazing and the pear blossoms make it all the more pretty!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to be seeing signs of Spring. I love how the pear tree blossoms look in your galvanized pitcher. Your table and benches are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty! Love your kitchen!
    Sparkly Hugs,
    Tobi and the Pixies

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, gorgeous kitchen and the pear blossoms are the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete

  14. absolutely beautiful.. love your subtle touch with things.. I am too heavy handed:) so yours is a quality I admire very much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kitchen is so fresh and inviting! We are still waiting for anything to bloom around here! Can't wait for the Forsythia to bring in and put in a vase!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely images. Your kitchen is very pretty and cozy.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete